Environmental Protection Policy
Unitized Ocean Transport Limited (the “Company”) is committed through its Environmental Protection Policy (the “Policy”) to continuous efforts in order to improve environmental performance in all areas required towards a cleaner environment. Furthermore, the Company is committed to:
• Pollution prevention that emphasizes source reduction, including financial and human resources necessary to effectively maintain all onboard systems, equipment and components found onboard as potential waste sources;
• Continuous reduction of environmental risks;
• Sharing information on environmental performance with external stakeholders;
• Ensuring that the Policy is available to the public;
• Effectively implementing the Company’s enhanced environmental standards and ensuring no deviations from such procedures;
• Demonstrating zero tolerance for any non-compliance with the Company’s Policy or any applicable rules or regulations;
The Company’s goal is to achieve ZERO environmental incidents through continuous improvement.
In order to achieve this goal, the Company will:
• Comply with all applicable environmental laws, regulations and requirements and apply responsible standards where these do not exist;
• Respond quickly and effectively to environmental incidents resulting from its operations, in co-operation with industry organizations and authorized government agencies;
• Assess all identified risks to the environment and establish appropriate safeguards to reduce the risk;
• Demonstrate concern and respect for the environment, emphasizing every employee's responsibility in achieving the highest level of environmental performance;
• Develop and implement appropriate environmental operating practices and training;
• Undertake appropriate reviews and evaluations of its operations to measure progress and to foster compliance with this Policy;
• Manage its business with the goal of preventing environmental incidents and of controlling emissions and waste streams;
• Take appropriate action, including immediate dismissal when appropriate, against any employee who obstructs, hinders or presents false information or makes false statements during any inspection, monitoring, or auditing of Company policies;
• Prohibit any incentive or bonus programs based on minimizing operational costs associated with the operation, maintenance or repair of machinery space systems, equipment and components, including pollution prevention equipment, to ensure that employees do not seek to avoid such costs and thereby sacrifice environmental compliance.
The Company’s Policy has the full support of the Company’s Senior Management and requires compliance by all Company personnel, both ashore and onboard ships.
To successfully achieve the Company’s objectives set forth above, Unitized Ovean transport Limited has developed and implemented an Environmental Management System.
The Company’s Environmental Protection Policy and its Environmental Management System will be implemented, maintained and communicated to all persons working for, or on behalf of, the Company.
Unitized Ocean Transport Limited