Health and Safety Policy
The overall Health and Safety Protection Policy (the “Policy”) of Unitized Ocean Transport Limited (the “Company”) endeavors to deliver services that exceed the requirements and expectations of all parties within the maritime industry and to prevent human injury or loss of life as well as to ensure and promote occupational health and safety on board all Company’s managed vessels.
The above-mentioned Policy shall comply with the laws and regulations of the flag state(s) of the ships under its management as well as with the international regulations and conventions and the relevant standards and guidelines. It also shall comply with the requirements of the International Safety Management Code (the “ISM Code”).
In order to achieve the above-mentioned objectives of the Policy, the Company shall endeavor to:
• Prevent human injury or loss of life, targeting to zero incidents through continuous improvement;
• Assess all identified risks to its ship and establish appropriate safeguards;
• Continuously improve safety management skills of personnel ashore and onboard ships, including preparing for emergencies;
• Ensure compliance with mandatory rules and regulations;
• Ensure that applicable codes, guidelines and standards recommended by the regulatory organizations, Flag Administrations, Classification Societies and maritime industry organizations are taken into account;
• Ensure adherence, at all times, to the documented operating procedures by a system of internal verification of procedures and activities;
• Maintain a drug free working environment;
• Ensure that no seafarer will navigate a ship or operate its onboard equipment whilst impaired by drugs or alcohol;
• Provide adequate resources for attaining the goals;
• Actively encourage personnel participation in the implementation of the Policy;
• Provide services that meet or exceed applicable statutory and regulatory requirements;
• Provide appropriate working environment and accommodation conditions to all seafarers serving onboard;
• Safeguard the well-being and good health of all seafarers serving onboard;
• Continuously improve safety management skills and promote safety culture of all personnel ashore and aboard ships;
• Identify training needs of all personnel ashore and aboard ships in order to effectively and efficiently implement the Policy.
For accomplishing the aforementioned objectives, the Company has developed and established a Safety Management System.
Unitized Ocean Transport Limited shall invite and expect all its personnel to actively and consciously participate in the implementation of the Policy and objectives and the unconditional adherence to its operational procedures in order to achieve its targets.
The Company’s Health and Safety Protection Policy and its Safety Management System will be implemented, maintained and communicated to all persons working for, or on behalf of, the Company.
Unitized Ocean Transport Limited